Understand and create inbound and outbound EDI maps
A 2-day course designed around the core functions of setting up and operating your EDI system. You will learn about various file types and data segments. You will then learn how to construct EDI maps. Upon completion of this course, you will have created inbound and outbound EDI maps from scratch.
EDI Mapping 101 teaches you many intermediate EDI practices preparing you for our mastery course EDI Mapping 201.
You will learn
- IBM Sterling Gentran:Server/B2BI Mapping
- The basics of data looping
- How the mapper represents EDI data and data structures
- How the mapper represents other data and data structures
- What each menu option does
- What groups, fields, segments, etc. are
- How to use the EDI Standards Database
- How to use the EDI Specification document
- How to define the EDI side of the map
- How to define the non-EDI side of the map
- How to create an inbound map
- What Standard Rules are and how to use them
- What Extended Rules are and how to use them
- What a tag is and what is does
- How to activate, deactivate, split and promote
- How to link
- How to create a trading partner
- How to tie your map to the correct trading partner
- How to test your inbound map
- How to troubleshoot your inbound map
- How to create an outbound map
- How to create an outbound System Import Map
- How to tie your outbound map to the correct trading partner
- How to test your outbound map
- How to troubleshoot your outbound map
This Course Will Also Include:
Various case studies such as how Amazon.com uses various types of maps to handle EDI documents.
You will participate in several hands-on EDI mapping exercises giving you experience with the key EDI mapping concepts and practices.
Every YOUniversity Alum has access to 4 hours of free phone access to YOUniversity staff.