Focused E-Commerce Delivers Results
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young’s Goal: Integrate XML orders from their website into Oracle Applications within three weeks.
- Met the deadline and delivered to investors a flawless demonstration, after which the client’s website was launched.
- Automated the system so all orders correctly loaded – without human intervention.
How We Made it Work
- Assigned one Focused E-Commerce team member to handle EDI Gateway and another to focus on an EDI communcation/translation solution.
- Reviewed and correctly configured EDI Gateway.
- Tested the inbound files, corrected a problem with the processing, and loaded the data into Oracle Applications.
- Resolved problems with new orders being loaded into Oracle Applications Order Entry Module.
- Resolved XML issues with EDI and created a file defined by Focused E-Commerce’s EDI Gateway person.
- Set up FTP communications and resolved issues related to processing.
- Resolved XML mapping issues to ensure that data correctly loaded into Oracle Applications.
- Conducted a system-wide test of orders entered from website.